A glass rod is also called :
  • A
    stirring rod
  • B
    stir rod
  • C
    both A and B
  • D
    none of these


A glass rod, stirring rod or stir rod is a piece of laboratory equipment used to mix chemicals and liquids for laboratory purposes. They are usually made of solid glass, about the thickness and slightly longer than a drinking straw, with rounded ends.